*This article explains the basic operation of Yealink T41 and T42 IP phones.
Make a call
• Lift the handset, press the speakerphone button or the headset button.
• Dial the number, then press the Send soft key.
Take a call on a second line
Your phone is equipped with several lines (your extension will be listed 2 or 3 times on the left of your phone screen) this allows you to take a second call simply by pressing the second line or the third line. This will automatically put the first line on hold. To resume the first line you just have to press the first button
◦ To put an existing call on hold, press the Hold button or the Hold soft key.
◦ To retrieve a call on hold, press the Resume soft key.
◦ If more than one call is on hold, press the appropriate line key before pressing Resume.
• To redial the last number, press RD twice.
• To view previously dialed numbers, press the RD button once, then use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the list. Press the Send soft key to dial the highlighted phone number.
• To access voice messages, press the Message button. (Or dial 5001)
• Depending on your system configuration, you may be prompted to enter a voicemail PIN code.
• To transfer an ongoing call, press the Transfer or Transfer soft key.
• Dial the destination number, then press the # key.
• When the recipient answers, announce the caller, then press the Transfer or Transfer soft key to complete the transfer.
• If there is no answer, press the Cancel soft key, then the Resume soft key to return to the original caller.
• Make (or receive) a call.
• To add another party to the call, press the Conf soft key, then dial the destination number, then press the # key.
• When the recipient answers, press the Conf soft key again.
• If there is no answer, press the Cancel soft key, then the Resume soft key to resume the call.
• When your phone is idle, press the Menu soft key, then select Features> Call forwarding.
• Select Always forward, enter the destination, and then press the Save soft key.
• To cancel call forwarding, select Always forward and the Switch soft key.
• When your phone is ringing or in standby, press the volume up or down keys to adjust the ringer volume.
• During an active call, the volume control knob changes the volume of the handset, speaker, or headset, depending on what is active.
• To view missed, received, or placed calls, press the History soft key.
• Use the left and right arrow keys to choose between All calls, Dialed calls, Received calls, Missed calls and Transferred calls.
• Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the list.
• To dial a number, highlight it, then press the Send soft key.
• To delete a number, highlight it and press the Delete soft key.
• The four buttons immediately below the LCD screen are soft keys.
• Each soft key performs the action displayed immediately above.
• The behavior of the soft keys is context sensitive - the action of the associated soft keys changes depending on the current state of the phone.
1 LCD Screen Shows a screen with backlight that enables you to view menus and data.
2 Power LED Indicator Indicates call status, message status and phone’s system status.
3 Line Keys Accesses your phone lines and features.
4 HEADSET Key Toggles the headset on or off. The LED indicator glows green when the headset is activated. The SIP-T40P/T40G IP phone does not have key light. MUTE Key Toggles the microphone on or off. The LED indicator glows green when the mute feature is activated. The SIP-T40P/T40G IP phone does not have key light.
5 MESSAGE Key Accesses your voice messages. HOLD Key Places a call on hold or resumes a held call. Only the SIP-T46S/T46G IP phone has HOLD key. REDIAL Key Redials a previously dialed number. Yealink T4 Series IP Phones User Guide 16 NO. Item Description TRANSFER Key Transfers a call. Only the SIP-T46S/T46G IP phone has TRANSFER key.
6 Speakerphone Key Toggles the speakerphone (hands-free) mode or not. The LED indicator glows green when the speakerphone is activated. The SIP-T40P/T40G IP phone does not have key light.
7 Volume Key Adjust the volume of handset, headset, speaker, ringer, or media.
8 Keypad Keys Allow you to enter numbers, letters, and special characters. If a menu item has an index number, you can use the keypad keys to select the item.
9 Navigation Keys • Scroll through information or options displayed on the screen. • Access History and Directory respectively. OK Key Confirms actions or answers incoming calls. Cancel Key Cancels actions or rejects incoming calls.
10 Soft Keys Access the function displayed on the screen above the soft keys. The soft keys change depending on what you are doing at the time.
11 Speaker Provides ringer and speakerphone audio output.
12 Reversible Tab Secures the handset in the handset cradle when the IP phone is mounted vertically. For more information on how to adjust the reversible tab, refer to Yealink Wall Mount Quick Installation Guide for Yealink IP Phones.
13 Hookswitch Connects or disconnects the phone from the phone line. The hookswitch is automatically activated when a user lifts the handset from the cradle to get a dial tone.